Flávia Lima has been working as an interpreter in the United States since 2001.
She holds a B.A. in English Language & Literature from Centro Universitário de Barra Mansa – UBM. Flávia worked in Brazil as an ESL for 3 years before moving to the United States in 2009.
She also holds a Graduate Certificate in Portuguese Translation from Universidade Estácio de Sá and is currently attending the Glendon Master of Conference Interpreting (MCI) at York University.
Flávia is a Core Certified Healthcare Interpreter with the Certification Commission of Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI) since 06/2016.
In addition, she is an approved Court Immigration interpreter working under the Department of Justice contract servicing the state of Florida. She is a registered interpreter in the state of Florida working on her state court interpreter certification.
Ms. Lima is also an active advocate and volunteer, she is working on the following pro bono projects:
Intérpretes da Justiça Federal do Brasil – a project coordinated by her partner, Jaqueline Nordin on the standardization of the court interpreter profession in Brazil.
Arizona Translators & Interpreters, Inc. – Past Secretary and now Member at Large, created and organized social meetings in Arizona. Responsible for the association’s Facebook page and Meetup group.
American Translators Association – Leadership Council for the Medical Division and Blog and Facebook Moderator of the Savvy Newcomer Team, a blog for newbies interested in translation and interpreting.
Intel ISEF – Portuguese Volunteer Interpreter for the Intel S since 05/2016. The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF), a program of Society for Science & the Public (the Society), is the world’s largest international pre-college science competition.
Membership and Activities
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- Arizona Translators & Interpreters, Inc. (ATI)
- Association of Translators & Interpreters of Florida (ATIF)
- National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC)
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
- National Language Services Corps (NLSC)
- Centro Universitário de Barra Mansa – UBM: B.A. in English Language & Literature
- Universidade Estácio de Sá: Graduate Certificate in Portuguese Translation
- Glendon School of Translation – York University: Master of Conference Interpreting (MCI)
Portuguese (fluent) and English (fluent).